One day I'll actually post more regularly... until then... Here's an update and maybe I'll post more. MAYBE...
Anyways, so that run I did back in 2015 was pretty great. As to say I'll never do a Half Marathon again... no matter who is at the end.
God, so many things have changed since I last did a post. I swear I'll do more. But don't hold me to it. If you are my friend you probably don't need to be too updated on the last 2 years, but either way... Here you go.
Ok, so now that you are caught up, let's pretend I was blogging this whole time. Ok? Ok.
I put in my 2 weeks notice at the Breman. I spent so long focusing on History and becoming a Historian professional... turns out... I can't change the world the way I wanted to by doing that. I still love history and maybe it is still in the cards, but for now... I will be starting part time (hopefully soon full-time) at Lululemon and working towards my Crossfit L1 Cert and USAW Cert. I will miss so many people at the Breman, but this move is needed. I spent so long going after the things I felt like I should go after, instead of actually going for my dreams.
Growing up, I always wanted to be one of those people who changed the world... for real or Marc Summers (like BE Marc, not be a Game Show Host... I had great dreams) And my mom supported all my dreams... big, crazy, small, normal... it didn't matter. If I wanted to be something, she said I could and
asked me how I would make it happen. Now that I got the degrees she wanted me to get and thought I was going after my goals... It's time to go after those pipe dreams and change the world one person at a time... like my mom did with everyone she met. Again growing up, I just wanted to be great... my Papa was the greatest person in my eyes. He had so many degrees and touched so many people's lives in such different ways and I wanted to be just like him... that's why I got my Master's, that's why I went to school. I did that, I worked in the field and I ended up heart broken and feeling like I was being stabbed in the back. I'm so grateful and honored that God is allowing this opening in my life to grow to be Great. I was never a great student, I was never the best family member, not really the greatest girlfriend. But now I feel like I'm on my path to Greatness... Its a weird feeling and puts me in a little bit of tears, but here we are.
Now I can't wait to go after my future, I'm great at lifting (Yea I need coaching, but I get that as often as I can... by some of the greatest) Luckily for me, I have some of the BEST people in my Corner... My babe, my puppy... My hero, Taylar Stallings... Best Box in the world: CROSSFIT RX. (Follow us on social media...)... even my old co-workers... and my new ones.
Oh and a special Shout out to my best friend... going from a trainer to a bestie... allowing me to still ask questions... being you.
Ok, I swear I'll write more so I don't have update my life in like a 15pg blog. Wait, are blogs even pages... Shrug here we go
![]() |
| End of the Half. |
Update
Anyways, so that run I did back in 2015 was pretty great. As to say I'll never do a Half Marathon again... no matter who is at the end.
God, so many things have changed since I last did a post. I swear I'll do more. But don't hold me to it. If you are my friend you probably don't need to be too updated on the last 2 years, but either way... Here you go.
![]() |
| at my babe's work |
- Candace and I broke up pretty much right after that last blog.
- I met and am living with the most amazing person ever.
- I graduated with my Master's in Public History from GSU. I loved that program and the people I met.
- I got a puppy named Frida.
- I started working for The Breman Museum...
- I finally got back to Crossfit, am now competing in Crossfit/Oly Lifting and really want to compete in Power Lifting.
- I have a lot of things in the works.
- TBA
Moving on...
![]() |
| Me at the SBTF for mom the Year before Last |
I put in my 2 weeks notice at the Breman. I spent so long focusing on History and becoming a Historian professional... turns out... I can't change the world the way I wanted to by doing that. I still love history and maybe it is still in the cards, but for now... I will be starting part time (hopefully soon full-time) at Lululemon and working towards my Crossfit L1 Cert and USAW Cert. I will miss so many people at the Breman, but this move is needed. I spent so long going after the things I felt like I should go after, instead of actually going for my dreams.
Growing up, I always wanted to be one of those people who changed the world... for real or Marc Summers (like BE Marc, not be a Game Show Host... I had great dreams) And my mom supported all my dreams... big, crazy, small, normal... it didn't matter. If I wanted to be something, she said I could and
![]() |
| FRIDA! |
Now I can't wait to go after my future, I'm great at lifting (Yea I need coaching, but I get that as often as I can... by some of the greatest) Luckily for me, I have some of the BEST people in my Corner... My babe, my puppy... My hero, Taylar Stallings... Best Box in the world: CROSSFIT RX. (Follow us on social media...)... even my old co-workers... and my new ones.
![]() |
| Y'all I love this sport |
Thank yousssss
Thank you so much to everyone who believes in me... Thank you to the few readers I may still have for letting me ramble... thank you to Netflix for having Christmas movies always on... Thank you to Papa for always pushing me... Thank you for Lulu for hiring my crazy self... Thank you to my babe for being my babe... Thank you to RX for being the Best box EVER... Thank you Taylar, for being the person that Heroes are supposed to be and being open and honest about your own journey.Oh and a special Shout out to my best friend... going from a trainer to a bestie... allowing me to still ask questions... being you.
Ok, I swear I'll write more so I don't have update my life in like a 15pg blog. Wait, are blogs even pages... Shrug here we go





Comments
Post a Comment